Soulmates, twin flames, there’s a million different ways to say it. Some people don’t believe that they exist and I used to be one of them. I would have said that there’s no way one person can really match your soul, that you can connect with someone so deeply. Until one early morning, January twenty-second of last year.
The second I met Markus, we clicked. I remember taking the elevator down to meet him and my heart was beating a million times per minute. I walked outside as he turned the corner and the feeling was truly indescribable. We made eye contact and I just felt home. We hugged and I didn’t want to let go. From that moment on I’ve never questioned that he truly is my soulmate and here are a few reasons why.
- We have a unparalleled level of comfort with eachother, and we have since day one. Even on our first date we didn’t run out of things to talk about. There was never an awkward moment or moment of silence. We never hesitated when it came to expressing our thoughts and feelings, there is never a fear of judgement.
- The whole ying and yang thing is real. We aren’t the same, at all. I’m more outgoing and he’s more introverted. I love thrill and he wants to sit back and relax. But at the end of the day, its the perfect balance. We come from such different backgrounds and as a result have a few different views or opinions. But we see eye to eye on all the big things, all the things that matter. We have the same values and goals for our lives. We have the same vision for our future marriage, our future family and just our life.
- We are a TEAM. Despite a few different views or bumps in the road, we know we are in this together. We have our own identities but come together to build a force that can’t be reckoned with. We know that no matter what this world throws at us, that we can and will handle it side by side. Any challenge that arises doesn’t make us question our position or commitment to each other and our relationship; our trust is never-ending. There is never a second of insecurity or doubt. At the end of the day, it could be us against the world and thats all we’d need. Our relationship is our safe haven.
- We push each other. Like I said, we are so comfortable. But I also mentioned that our views are sometimes very different. Both of these things cause us to challenge and push each other in a way that no one else ever could. With our deep trust comes the confidence in the fact that we always want the best for each other. That means that no matter how much we may disagree on something, we can open the other up to new perspectives and viewpoints. Our relationship has given us both the opportunity to grow as people and learn lessons that otherwise could have never happened. We are the best thing to ever happen to each other. We are exactly what the other needs and what we want.
- Communication really is key. We can communicate without words. We give each other so much pure attention and care that we just know the other. We are connected on literally every single level of existence. We say the same things, call at the same time, finish sentences, all of it. It’s like I don’t even have to say if I’m feeling down or stressed. He just knows and knows how to respond to it. Our hands fit together perfectly. Just feeling his warmth next to me gives me comfort and sends chills across my body at the same time. His smile makes my heart rejoice. When we are apart, I can physically feel it. People always think we are over exaggerating when we cry over a little distance for a couple weeks but it’s genuinely because we are that connected.
- We are BEST FRIENDS. This one is the biggest to me. We always laugh, we goof off, we have fun. Life can get crazy and the fact that we can laugh through anything is so important. We hang out and play video games, we compete in board games, we race, all the silly things that little kids do when they are best friends. One of my favorite things is that we can hang out and goof off one minute then be confessing our love on some romantic date the next. Never let the fun times fade!
I am so lucky, blessed and humbled by the fact that I get a soulmate, best friend and husband all in one perfect man.